> From: Muna Tamimi <<mailto:email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org>
Wednesday, December 19, 2001 12:57 PM
PLEASE HELP: An appeal from Palestine
This is an appeal that we are sending to you - from Palestine, and we ask
that you distribute it as widely as possible. Wherever you think it
might be seen, and responded to. Local press, church magazines, schools,
as an advertisement in a newspaper... the message needs to get out, and for
this we need your help.
For more information please call Dr. Mustafa Barghouthi on 972 50 254218
With kind regards,
The Palestine Monitor
Appeal to the World
The situation in Palestine is verging on that of a humanitarian crisis. The
3.2 million people, is currently under the worst siege in their entire history.
* People are unable to move between Palestinian villages and towns, and
goods cannot be transported.
* Large parts of many cities and villages are under 24 hour, or
dusk-to-dawn curfews; tanks and armoured personal carriers sit in the
streets, outside homes.
* A shortage of supplies is being reported in some areas, including gas and
* Sewage and garbage remains uncollected, presenting a public health crisis.
* Vaccinations and primary health care systems are paralysed, and epidemics
* Patients in need of kidney dialysis and cancer treatment cannot receive
it; in addition to this, 30 Palestinians have died after being denied
access to medical care, and numerous women have given birth at the Israeli
* Most universities and schools are not functioning.
* More than 50% of the population is unemployed; furthermore many employed
people are unable to get to their places of work.
* Heavily armed Israeli soldiers arbitrarily occupy civilians homes.
* Israeli soldiers make armed raids into areas under Palestinian Authority,
shooting people in their homes, and arresting others.
Palestinians are being punished through a combination of occupation,
military aggression & siege.
During the past 14 months the Israeli army has killed 924 Palestinians and
25,000 others have been injured which is 1% of the population. 2,000 people
have become permanently disabled.
Without your actions the situation can only worsen. We call on you to
contact your representatives to prevent this humanitarian crisis from
becoming a disaster.
Originally Reciewed from
Subject: [Tp2000-l] FW: Re appeal from Palestine
From: tp2000 <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:22:05 +0000
I know this is not strictly Trident, but it is yet another example of the
kind of terrorism that the nuclear states get away with......and Angie is
there at the moment as part of the International Peace Group. Please do
what you can
and Ulla Røder.
Hjaelp os med at sende dette budskab ud i verden.
The ARROW website is
42-46 Bethel St, Norwich, Norfolk NR2 1NR UK
General enquiries: Tel 0845 4588 366
Legal Support enquiries: Tel 0845 4588 367
Newsline 0845 4588 365